What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Connection could not be established (code: PE015)

Votes:

I wanna check "window process sensor" of other system.

I did input computer name, user, password.

And, I opned Firewall.

But,

Connection could not be established (code: PE015)

I want to know other system windows process check.

help me.

windows-process windows-services wmi-process-sensor

Created on Jul 3, 2018 10:07:14 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Please use our WMI Tester (https://www.paessler.com/tools/wmitester), run it on the PRTG Host (or host of the Remote Probe) and scan against this particular target, usually the "OS-Query" from the "Advanced" Tab of the Tool works best, please send us the Results.

Please also see our extensive WMI Troubleshooting Guide: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/1043-my-wmi-sensors-don-t-work-what-can-i-do

Best regards.

Created on Jul 4, 2018 9:48:31 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 26, 2019 12:48:53 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I've also ran into this issue after I updated to the latest version so I rolled back to the previous version but it now shows the same connection issues on devices that were previously working. I now have over 600 alerts with this connection denied and ran the tester against my PRTG server and it shows no errors.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Created on Nov 9, 2020 3:02:33 PM

Votes:

Please check if the credentials for windows systems are correct and aren't corrupted because of the rollback

Created on Nov 10, 2020 10:49:33 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.