What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Multiple probes for internet redundancy

Votes:

I am trialing the hosted solution at the moment. What I would like to configure is two (or more) remote probes at sites with independent router, firewall, internet connection. This would be for redundancy so that if a core router or firewall was the reason the primary remote probe was not sending data, the secondary probe would continue to report status of devices so the issue can be accurately shown in the portal.

From what I have read on the KB, the only option would be to clone our device groups to the secondary remote probe and report on everything twice, also using double the sensor licenses. Is this correct or are there any alternatives to provide this redundancy?

Thanks!

hosted multiple-probes redundancy

Created on Jul 3, 2018 5:33:08 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Keith,

that information is correct. Redundant / clustered probes are not available. The solution is to manually clone an exiting node to another probe.

Created on Jul 4, 2018 3:32:48 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.