What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Jacarta InterSeptor

Votes:

I am at a bit of a loss when it comes to getting the data I want from the InterSeptor device. I am simply looking for a real time graph which shows the humidity and temperature. This is not the InterSeptor Pro device and only has one active sensor. I managed to Import the MIB using the custom setup article. I then added a sensor using the SNMP library and added the Jacarta oidlib file that I had imported using the MIB importer and got around 100 sensors added. None of which seems to have any real time data. I am looking for assistance in anyway possible.

humidity interseptor jacarta temperature

Created on Jul 4, 2018 10:52:46 AM

Last change on Jul 4, 2018 11:34:19 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Luciano

I removed the device I had manually created and created the new device but this time selecting the imported template. The auto discovery brought back the relevant sensors and I was able to edit the temperature/humidity to be in decimal format as well through each of the sensors.

If anyone else has these issues with the Jacarta InterSeptor (Not Pro)

1. Download the template from the above source
  2. C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\devicetemplates\ (Like Luciano has mentioned)
  3. Add device but select the template and point to the template you imported.
  4. Auto discover should take care of the rest
  5. Optional - Update the sensors for humidity and temperature to use decimal.

Gareth

Created on Jul 4, 2018 12:52:44 PM

Last change on Jul 5, 2018 5:26:35 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello there, we appreciate your contact.

May I ask whenever you've tried the built-in sensor designed for the interSeptor Pro variant? I wouldn't rule out that it works with the non-Pro version as well without testing it.

Please refer to the sensor's manual page here:

Please let me know how this goes. Should this sensor not work with your device, please share the MIB file that the vendor provided (for the non-Pro model).

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jul 4, 2018 11:34:12 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hi Luciano

Thanks for the response. I did try and add this sensor but the error was #0187. I believe the device only supports SNMPv1. I used the tester from Paessler and can confirm I was able to reach the device and read uptime. That is the page I referred too. It looks like the vendor had more information on the download page.

https://www.jacarta.com/support/downloads/

I can see they have listed the alarm OIDs which will help. A PRTG template is also listed. Not exactly sure how to add this. It's an .odt file. I have just added this to the device template. It looks like it may be working now. I'll monitor this.

Thanks for the help.

Created on Jul 4, 2018 11:57:52 AM

Votes:

Hello there,
thank you for your reply.

The device-template on the website is a pretty cool idea/approach, I wasn't aware that this existed. It makes deploying sensors very easy. You were able to use the template, correct?

Essentially, you need to copy the *.odt file to C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\devicetemplates\ on the PRTG Server, and then right-click the relevant device and select Auto-Discovery with Template, then locate the "Jacarta interSeptor" template in the list.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jul 4, 2018 12:13:05 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Jul 4, 2018 12:13:24 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Luciano

I removed the device I had manually created and created the new device but this time selecting the imported template. The auto discovery brought back the relevant sensors and I was able to edit the temperature/humidity to be in decimal format as well through each of the sensors.

If anyone else has these issues with the Jacarta InterSeptor (Not Pro)

1. Download the template from the above source
  2. C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\devicetemplates\ (Like Luciano has mentioned)
  3. Add device but select the template and point to the template you imported.
  4. Auto discover should take care of the rest
  5. Optional - Update the sensors for humidity and temperature to use decimal.

Gareth

Created on Jul 4, 2018 12:52:44 PM

Last change on Jul 5, 2018 5:26:35 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.