What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SSH Login Attempts?

Votes:

I have an SSH credential configuration setup for a few devices on my network. It appears PRTG is taking those credentials and occasionally trying them on many other (if not all) devices on my network.

I could care less less otherwise, but I have another alerting system that is sending me alarms for failed log on attempts.

Where do I find this configuration? I need to tell PTRG to not attempt SSH logins...

attempt credentials failed login ssh

Created on Jul 5, 2018 5:55:31 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

It depends on the point in the device tree where the credentials are entered. If they are entered on group level, the SSH credentials will automatically be inherited by objects below. To narrow down what might cause the scans, navigate to the Setup > System Administration > Monitoring page and disable the Recommended Sensors Detection.

Does this stop the false connection attempts?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jul 6, 2018 10:10:57 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.