What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Syslog Export

Votes:

Hello,

I have WiFi terminals and I configured them to send syslog information to my PRTG Monitor module.

I have configured the syslog sensor and I see them well arrived. I can filter information in the syslog but I would like to transfer the contents of syslog information to a file.

I did not find the solution?

Thank you for your help Nicolas

export file syslog

Created on Jul 6, 2018 12:18:57 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hey Nicolas,

Actually, there is no way to export the received Syslog messages into files, I'm afraid. The messages can be seen in the Syslog Receiver sensor only.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Jul 6, 2018 12:50:34 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.