What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Pull a list of servers with HP Proliant Physical disk sensors

Votes:

Recently we became aware due to a server outage that some of our physical servers do not have sensors for the hard drives. Through our LANDesk management console I have identified all of our physical servers and need to compare that against the sensors we have in place to find which servers are missing sensors.

I have tried to pull reports with PRTG and that gives me way too much data. There is so much that I am still learning about PRTG and its capabilities that I am finding more about every day. However, I have been tasked to get this addressed as soon as possible by my boss and I feel with all of its capabilities PRTG is probably able to do so.

I saw that one of the report options the ability to export to a csv and that would be ideal. but at this point I am spinning my wheels trying to find the solution. The process doesn't necessarily have to be a report just some type of data extraction with a list. I am open to suggestions. Any help would be appreciated.

csv proliant report sensor

Created on Jul 6, 2018 6:57:17 PM

Last change on Jul 9, 2018 8:45:10 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello acewarner,
thank you for your inquiry.

While reports would work for this, reports are designed to review historic data. If you just want to see a list of "current" data/sensors/things, you can use for instance the Sensors > By Type menu, to locate all sensors of a specific type, but CSV is also possible.

For a list of existing HP Proliant Physical disk sensors, please use:
https://prtg/sensors.htm?filter_type=snmphpphysicaldisk&columns=name,device,status,lastvalue,message
For a list of existing HP Proliant Physical disk sensors in CSV, please use:
https://prtg/api/table.xml?content=sensors&output=csvtable&filter_type=snmphpphysicaldisk&columns=name,device,status,lastvalue,message

Please replace https://prtg/ with the actual URL of your PRTG Server. You should also login first and authenticate, because this data is only visible to logged-in users.

You can find further details about the API on the following URL or within your PRTG's web-interface under Setup > PRTG API.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jul 9, 2018 9:00:05 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Thanks! That worked like a champ.

Created on Jul 11, 2018 12:59:25 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.