What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Core system is low on memory error

Votes:

I am getting the above pop up on my PRTG installation. I have increased the memory on the server to 16 gig. I see the server is still only using 4 gig. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change ? I have searched and have not seen a place to change it. I did find a place relating to graphs, but not sure this is the right place to change it, if of course it can be changed.

Any help appreciated. Thanks,

administration memory prtg

Created on Jul 10, 2018 12:06:54 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I can confirm, that using Fujitsu System Health Sensor, causes unusual memory usage over time.

Maybe you should add BETA to the above link again :D

Lukas

Created on Jul 12, 2018 12:12:21 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Did this just start recently? Are you running any Fujitsu related or SNMP Library sensors? If so, please pause them and see if the memory usage still increases over time.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support

Created on Jul 10, 2018 7:52:49 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I can confirm, that using Fujitsu System Health Sensor, causes unusual memory usage over time.

Maybe you should add BETA to the above link again :D

Lukas

Created on Jul 12, 2018 12:12:21 PM

Votes:

There indeed is a memory leak within these sensors that we're currently working on - sorry for the inconveniences!

Created on Jul 12, 2018 12:44:16 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Not using the Fujitsu sensors. What I don't understand is why when we get the messages is that the server doesn't use more than 4 gig of memory. I have increased the memory on the server. I have not been able to find a setting to allocate PRTG more memory. Is it even possible for PRTG to use more than 4gig ?

Created on Jul 15, 2018 10:30:18 PM

Votes:

How many RAM does your PRTG server have overall?

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 16, 2018 6:17:31 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

16gig

Created on Jul 18, 2018 10:17:49 PM

Votes:

Alright, please open up a support ticket with [email protected] and send us a support bundle :) Then we'll most likely be able to tell what's the issue.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 19, 2018 6:15:41 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.