What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Newbie: Traffic volume alerts

Votes:

Hi, I have a port on a switch that I am monitoring using SNMP. This port effectively represents my ISP traffic volume. I want to measure the total traffic volume from a start date to an end date, with alerts for 50%, 80% of a fixed total amount (20Gig/month). Then reset itself at a date when my ISP resets my monthly allowance.

I have the port traffic sensor working perfectly, showing Traffic In, Out and Total.

Any help would be appreciated.

Graham

alerts allowance isp monthly snmp utilization

Created on Jul 10, 2018 5:32:25 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Graham,

Thank you very much for your contact.

Unfortunately, there is no direct way to delete sensor results because there is a continuous monitoring which is important for the sensors historic data, PRTG's reporting etc.

This being said you can either check on Historic Data Reports, but they won't fully suit your needs to be honest.

Everything beyond would require a self-written Custom Sensor that for instance interacts with the PRTG API to clone an object which would "delete" the historic data of the sensor every time.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jul 10, 2018 10:50:32 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.