What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to disable unusual alarms for one user?

Votes:

Is is possible to disable unusual alarms for one user? Or uncheck them at the alarms-tab in the Enterprise Console permanently? Everytime I open the Enterprise Console they are enabled in the alarms-tab even if the Console was only minimized to system tray. We are using PRTG with several users, some want to see unusuals, so I can't disable them entirely...

alarms enterprise-console prtg unusual

Created on Jul 11, 2018 7:28:31 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi Freddy,

Thank you very much for your contact.

Unfortunately, this is not possible. The unusual detection of PRTG is a global setting which has nothing to do with the user accounts. It can either be active or inactive.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jul 11, 2018 8:37:08 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

thanks for your prompt reply!

Ok, I see. But is there any way to uncheck the unusual status permanently in the Enterprise Consoles alarm tab? It's a bit irritating to do that everytime I open it.

Sincerly, Freddy

Created on Jul 11, 2018 9:04:03 AM

Votes:

Hello Freddy,

Please note that the Enterprise Console is currently been affected by a couple of bugs, therefore please allow me to share our new Desktop client which will replace the Enterprise Console soon. Please see this web page, download PRTG Desktop and let me know how it behaves.

Thank you very much in advance.
Sebastian

Created on Jul 11, 2018 9:30:41 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

I've tested the Desktop Client only for several minutes due to a lack of time today. If I open it from the notifications, I see the devices and not the alerts. But at the alerts the unchecked unusuals stay unchecked.

Till now I have added two devices with several sensors, no problems with the new client so far. First I've noticed, it acts really quickly. If I find any issues I'll mail them to your support (as written on page which you've posted above).

Thank you very much for your help! I'm looking forward to use the new client!

Sincerly, Freddy

Created on Jul 11, 2018 2:19:21 PM

Votes:

Hello Freddy,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm glad to read that you are satisfied with the new Desktop Client. If you encounter any further issues with it, don't hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected].

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jul 12, 2018 7:21:18 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.