What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Company with multiple stores

Votes:

Hi all,

We are currently in a trial period for PRTG but really considering buying the product. My problem: I have created multiple device templates for the stores were we want to monitor the hardware etc. These stores have multiple pieces of hardware (different). When doing a auto-discover on the LAN of a shop it gets all the values from a specific device and not the ones I specified in the template.

All our stores have the same infrastructure and I would hate to put in all 100+ stores in manually. Is there a way to fix this ?

Thanks!

multi-site multiple-locations prtg snmp

Created on Jul 12, 2018 1:22:43 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Navigate to the settings where the auto-discovery got configured by you. If you only want to deploy your very own templates, ensure that the option Automatic sensor creation using specific device template(s) is marked.

Does that help you to deploy the sensors via the auto-discovery?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jul 13, 2018 11:57:01 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix,

This is indeed the road I took. But still with these templates, it adds the sensor for example to Linux hosts while the template is for monitoring Windows Services....

I have a couple of screenshots.

Regards,

Tom

Created on Jul 17, 2018 7:32:35 AM

Votes:

Hi Tom,

Could you please forward the screenshots to [email protected] by referring to this post? Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jul 18, 2018 11:57:56 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.