What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

List of all sensors using a specific notification object

Votes:

Is it possible to query a PRTG server for list of all sensors using a specific notification object

notifications prtg sms-notification

Created on Jul 12, 2018 2:05:16 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

We appreciate your contact.

In order to show all objects that use a specific notification you need to do the following:

1. Switch to "Setup | Account Settings | Notifications"
  2. Mark the corresponding notification
  3. On the blue bar on the right side click the second icon (used by)
    Please let me know if that fits your requirements.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 12, 2018 3:36:58 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

thanks for the quick answer.

Yes that's kinda what i am looking for. But we are working with inheritance on notifications a lot. A large number of our remote probes inherit their notification setting from our central probe, which appearently means that the "used by" list in the notifications menu doesnt show these sensors.

Is it possible to generate a report or a list detailing all sensors which inherited a specific notification method?

Created on Jul 13, 2018 6:29:23 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

No, I'm afraid this view is not particularly possible. It's per design that the Used by menu shows only the parent object (the highest object in the structure) to which the corresponding notification is been configured to.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jul 17, 2018 5:49:29 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.