What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I disable unwanted messges from PRTG?

Votes:

I recently installed PRTG and it sends me silly emails telling me it misses me because I haven't logged in for two days, and recommending Win2012R2 and such. How do I get rid of them? I can't find anything in the configuration menus. Thanks.

alerts email prtg

Created on Jul 17, 2018 2:51:19 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your interest in PRTG.

I am aware that those type of messages might be irritating but they only been sent out during the 30 days trial period of PRTG. We always try to keep the noise as low as possible, this being said please note that none of those emails are unimportant. After 30 days, PRTG will stop sending out those messages and automatically turn into PRTG 100, our freeware, allowing you to actively monitor 100 sensors.

If you have further questions to PRTG, don't hesitate to contact us again. The best approach would be an email to [email protected]. Further information can be found here.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jul 17, 2018 6:01:55 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok, thanks. I can live with that for 30 days. At least someone misses me I guess.

Created on Jul 17, 2018 10:22:48 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.