What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco IPSLA with SNMP Sensor

Votes:

hi , i configured my cisco router as it stated below:

ip sla 1
 udp-jitter 224.10.10.10 5001 endpoint-list router1 source-ip 155.1.123.1
ip sla schedule 1 life forever start-time now
ip sla endpoint-list type ip router1
 ip-address 10.0.0.1 port 5001
ip sla logging traps
snmp-server community cisco RO
snmp-server enable traps entity-sensor threshold
snmp-server enable traps ipsla
snmp-server host 20.0.0.2 version 2c cisco  ipsla

The problem is PRTG can detect the ip sla but there is a error message keeps saying that the ip sla type not defined I'm using cisco 2911 ios

cisco-ip-sla ipsla snmp-error#2003

Created on Jul 21, 2018 1:44:49 PM

Last change on Jul 23, 2018 12:48:49 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello sohaib, we appreciate your contact.

Have you tried icmp-jitter or path-jitter instead? Are you able to monitor the SLA then?

While we're unable to confirm the precise configuration required to get the SNMP data available, we can confirm whenever the data is available (and why the sensor isn't working). For this I kindly ask you to contact us via our support form and reference this KB-Post. This will allow us to share the relevant files with you to verify that the data is available on the device.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jul 24, 2018 5:43:36 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.