What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do i change the query of an SQL sensor?

Votes:

I created an SQL sensor (Microsoft SQL v2). as it worked, i recognized a little mistake resulting in "wrong" output. I modified the query, saved the file again in the original place, but the sensor still uses the "original" query (as i could confirm by logging the query details). Even rebooting the whole probe did not change anything.

So my question is: How can i modify the underlying query of an SQL sensor without re-creating the whole sensor (with all its settings) ?

edit query sql

Created on Jul 24, 2018 12:47:51 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Dear Arnold,

does that sensor run on a remote probe? In this case, the .sql file has to be changed on that computer.

Created on Jul 24, 2018 8:37:29 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

No, there is just one local probe.

Created on Jul 25, 2018 6:55:50 AM

Votes:

Dear Arnold,

if the old file is overwritten, the sensor has to use the current one, as the SQL statement is not cached. For analysis, please create a second sensor with the overwritten .sql file. Do you get the old, or the current version?

Created on Jul 25, 2018 6:28:29 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there a way to change the SQL Query File using the API?

Created on Feb 26, 2019 10:36:36 PM

Votes:

Setting the executed .sql-file with an API call is not supported. Please set this the only supported way by creating the sensor by hand.

Created on Mar 5, 2019 1:18:09 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.