What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

KB-Post

Votes:

hello ,
i'm trying to monitor the ip sla udp-jitter to evaluate the performance of a multicast protocol. PRTG could detect the IP SLA but it says the type of the IP SLA is not defined :25 the current image of the CISCO router that i'm using is 2900 so do u have any idea regarding to this problem

cisco-ip-sla prtg snmp-sensor

Created on Jul 24, 2018 6:19:25 PM

Last change on Jul 25, 2018 11:23:07 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,

Did you look at this article: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipsla/configuration/15-mt/sla-15-mt-book/sla_udp_jitter.html

Cisco mentions the two following MIB files

• CISCO-RTTMON-MIB
  • CISCO-DATA-COLLECTION-MIB

What you wrote sounds like you depended on some default PRTG MIB or SNMP sensors. But those might not be sufficient, as you say, PRTG detected an IP SLA SNMP sensor but then says it is not defined.

It as well could be the SNMP channel is right, but you might need to configure something on the Cisco device to see data. Cisco it self states that it only keeps a certain amount of statistical data as well for this kind of information.

Did not read the whole article, but for me it sounds like you need to configure the Cisco device and then request the data from the channel.

You probably should read through it, make sure the Cisco device collects the data and then use the PRTG SNMP test tool (downloads on the PRTG page) and then see if you get what you want. I am not clear if this is a trap based SNMP config or a request based one.

Regards

Florian Rossmark

www.it-admins.com

Created on Jul 26, 2018 1:55:44 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.