What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Rotate map objects

Votes:

Hi,

I would like to rotate some icons on my PRTG-Map by 90 °. Does anyone like me realize this?

maps prtg rotate

Created on Jul 25, 2018 6:01:23 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,

Why I not really see the advantage there either, you certainly can do this with CSS on an HTML object basis:

transform: rotate(20deg);

In theory you could apply this on a single object in the MAP - would need some investigation or before/after HTML element. It might even be possible to rotate the whole MAP while showing it in an iframe HTML object via another HTML page.

Still, I am curious about the background of this one.. :-)

Regards

Florian Rossmark

www.it-admins.com

Created on Jul 25, 2018 2:15:44 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, this is a rare request and I can't remember a similar request in the past. Could you clarify what the advantage would be of such an option?

Best regards.

Created on Jul 25, 2018 11:44:22 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,

Why I not really see the advantage there either, you certainly can do this with CSS on an HTML object basis:

transform: rotate(20deg);

In theory you could apply this on a single object in the MAP - would need some investigation or before/after HTML element. It might even be possible to rotate the whole MAP while showing it in an iframe HTML object via another HTML page.

Still, I am curious about the background of this one.. :-)

Regards

Florian Rossmark

www.it-admins.com

Created on Jul 25, 2018 2:15:44 PM

Votes:

Hi Florian,

CSS3 for the win. :)
Thanks for the reply! We are also curious about the use case as this feedback might be used internally later for improvements.

Best regards.

Created on Jul 26, 2018 7:19:28 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, this is something I am looking for as well. For me turning the map is important due to the geographical layout of the Maldives. It's stretched over an expanse of 820km from North to South. So displaying a nationwide monitoring is a bit challenging. a 90 degree turn would make things so much easier :p

Created on Sep 9, 2019 4:24:29 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.