What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Library Views with Device Information

Votes:

Is it possible to monitor specific senors in a Library view, while also showing the device that it is connected too? For example, we are monitoring the 'Uptime' on a particular set of devices. Using this method, I can get a notification generated just for a state change on the Uptime sensor (and not all of the other sensors involved on that device), but when looking at them on the library, there is no device listed for the device. I can get this if I monitor ALL senors, but upon choosing one, I lose the info on that device.

Using the mobile client / app, I can get this information when looking at the library view. I can get the info on by manually mousing over the sensor, but for monitoring and large display purposes, it would be great if I could see the device that it is attached too on the library view.

I can provide some screenshots of examples if anyone is unable to follow what I'm trying to describe here.

device library view

Created on Jul 31, 2018 5:55:07 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, that is not possible. The libraries are as they are. There are no further views to see linked devices. To see the device status, simply click on the sensor in the library or open it in another tab.

Best regards.

Created on Aug 1, 2018 1:19:26 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.