What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Some tree items in Maps can not be expanded

Votes:

Some items in the Tree view in Maps are collapsed and I can't figure out how to expand them. Example in this image: https://thegowschool-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/jpoblocki_gow_org/EbNvjCtwHuVOuopOj5McI-MBNoVWstu2TQIln_QURiuUHg?e=aDdnV7

device-tree maps prtg

Created on Jul 31, 2018 6:07:10 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

The Treemap Objects in the Maps are depending on the current treeview under "Devices". There is no functionality to expand/collapse the devices/groups in the maps. We currently have an internal ticket to add this functionality, but when it will arrive is unknown as it needs a bigger rewrite.

Best rregards.

Created on Aug 1, 2018 1:21:08 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Seems like it's still not possible. Are there any news?

Created on Oct 8, 2019 2:23:07 PM

Votes:

Hello Timo,

No. While it was unclear back at Dariusz's response, I can tell that it is expected behavior and I don't expect it to be changed in foreseeable future. The reason is that we look into a new, more modern map designer at present.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 9, 2019 8:40:28 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.