What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Send sensor content on regulary basis

Votes:

Hi all,

might anyone is able to help me :)

I've set up a printer monitoring system and based on threshold triggers it automatically orders accessoires at our distributor.

1.) But on a regular basis (monthly,quarterly) we have to submit the pages count (color/bw). Is there a way to send let's say on every months last day the actual value of a pagecount sensor?

2.) Furthermore i had a problem. For usage of accessoires like Toner i am using the threshold trigger, that the Toner gets ordered, when value is below 10%. But when someone shuts down the printer, and printer comes back again, the trigger is triggered again and does another order via notification. Is there any setting, to avoid sending out the notification , means only send it one time until part gets replaced?

Thanks Christian

notifications printer sensor state

Created on Aug 1, 2018 2:34:50 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Christian,

The only way to get these values in the end of the month is to run a report, which would be a bit much as you would get all values from the past month. A better way would be building a script that gets executed in the end of the months and that get the desired values via the API of PRTG - you can find the API Documentation within the webinterface under "Setup > PRTG API".

We don't really recommend to do automatic orders based solely on the notifications. The reason is that after a restart of PRTG, a restart of the device or after pausing the sensor, the Notification resend. There is no way to avoid this as for PRTG the threshold was exceeded anew and you receive an alert.

Best regards.

Created on Aug 2, 2018 10:47:45 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.