What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Automatic reports with data of last 12 months

Votes:

Hey, is there a way i can schedule a report with data in it from the last 12 months? I can create a report with data from 1 year (current), but on the 1th of January, the report will almost be ready.

It would be very handy to have the reporting option to report over the last x days/month/year...

thnx

historic-data prtg reports

Created on Aug 2, 2018 8:25:23 AM

13 Replies

Votes:

Hi Benny,

What exactly do you mean with "the report will almost be ready"? If better reporting capabilities are required, check out PRTG SLA from our partner ITCorp :)

Note: The SLA Plugin from Corp IT has been deprecated. If you would like to explore enhanced SLA reporting options, check out the PRTG SLA Reporter, a PRTG extension. A free trial is available from the Paessler website.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 2, 2018 10:36:33 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 1, 2024 5:25:08 PM by  Jacqueline Conforti [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sorry..typo…...the report will be almost "empty" if we run it on 1 January with settings to current year...

Created on Aug 2, 2018 11:46:49 AM

Votes:

Please post the entire configuration of the report as screenshot, maybe some of the settings are not quite correct :)

Kind regards,

Created on Aug 2, 2018 12:28:40 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

How do I add screenshots or files to a post?

Created on Aug 3, 2018 7:57:21 AM

Votes:

Simply upload it to a image host of your choice and use the following syntax to embed

{ { image url | title } }

Remove the whitespaces to make this markup work, I just added them for display purposes :)

Kind regards,

Created on Aug 3, 2018 8:20:17 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sorry for this late reply...

I'm just looking for a report that i can send to a people each month, showing the trend of the last x months... When i set in settings of a report: - period: current - report period type: quarter

I get a report showing the current quarter, a graph running from 1/7 until 30/9 (witch is blank for september) and also date in this same period where the data is blanc for the whole month of september. When i would run this report on 1/10...i suppose everything will be blank as the current quarter then will be from 1/10 until 31/12???

Can you indicate me what params i need to setup the make a automatic report with the data from the past 3 months (or x months if possible?) ...so that at any time this report runs it takes the last 3 months of data available in the system?

Rgds Benny

Created on Sep 3, 2018 10:15:30 AM

Votes:

Hello Benny,

You have to either select the time frame of the last quarter within the report's Settings tab. Please scroll down to Period ("What time span will the report cover?" and select

Reported Period:Previous
Report Period Type:Quarter

Afterwards, navigate to the report's Run Now tab and select the last three months from the Quick Range section as well.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 4, 2018 10:07:49 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hey Sebastian, I know about the previous or current quarter. But changing this every time defeats the purpose or automatically sending a report per email about sensor readings from the last 3 months???

if we need to change every time we need to run the report range selection manually, it's not an automatic report anymore?

I just want to automate some reports to management, sending the last 3 months of sensor readings every beginning of the month.

PS. the link you send for the addon from itcorp in the first respons does not work....

Created on Sep 4, 2018 10:14:35 AM

Votes:

Hi Benny,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I just tested the following settings and can confirm that the configuration below works:

Schedule ("When will this report be run?"):

Report ScheduleThe day after a quarter has finished
Scheduled ProcessingSave report to disk and send it by email
Email Address%your email address%

Period ("What time span will the report cover?"):

Report PeriodPrevious
Report Period TypeQuarter (January-March, April-June, etc.)

Of course, configure things such as Template, Paper Size, Orientation etc. to the settings that suit your needs. Afterwards, select the sensors and objects that should be covered within the report from the Select Sensors Manually tab and save the report generation.

This will create the report on the first day after the quarter has finished. I just verified it with the report generated at a specific hour instead.

The link above should direct to: https://www.corp-it.ch/#slaPlugin.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 5, 2018 6:09:34 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 5, 2018 6:10:43 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian, thnx for the reply, and indeed if you set the params like you propose, on the first day of the quarter i can sent a report about the last quarter.

But if we set it like this, we will only be able to sent the report once every quarter. Is there really no way to setup a automatic report that sends an overview of the last 3 months every first day of the every month? I can setup every first day of the month to sent the previous month...but this will only contain data of one month….

Rgds Benny

Created on Sep 5, 2018 10:18:34 AM

Votes:

Hello Benny,

Sorry to say but there is only the option to generate the report of the previous month or the previous quarter. At least for the internal reporting system.

If your keen, you could check out if you're able to export the data using PRTG's API. Navigate to "Setup | PRTG API | Historic Data". There are a bunch of highly customizable API calls that might help to export the data as required. However, the data will be not really impressive in terms of readability as they are most likely .xml raw data exports so you'll need to post-process the raw data in Excel in this case.

I'm sorry but there is no more satisfactory answer.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 6, 2018 11:26:34 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian, to come back on this, I think we our self found a solution to our problem.

we created a custom template for the report, based on an existing one.

In the reportgraph section, we changed the parameters of the graph, and added startoff="-90" endoff="0" apparently these parameters control the start/enddate offset from what the chosen date range is in the setup.

so now, every first day of the month, we generate a report period type month, with report period previous. If we run this for the period 1/9-30/9....with the offset calculated, it will give us a graph from 1/6..30/9....just what we wanted.

We had to figure out some stuff in the report templates, but the result is there so now we can start using this...

Thnx for the previous help, but as we resolved the problem, this thread can be closed.

Rgds

Benny Giebens

Created on Sep 6, 2018 11:31:21 AM

Votes:

Hello Benny,

Nice work!

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 6, 2018 12:10:50 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.