What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

REST Custom Sensor

Votes:

Hi, I try to configure a REST Custom Sensor but I have an error when I try to check the sensor : Cannot load endpoint https://myurltotheapi: expected status 200 OK but got 405 Method Not Allowed.

I configure the sensor with these parameters :

• HTTPS protocol
  • acceptall certificats
  • No authentification
  • use a personolize header (Content-Type:application/json)
  • My REST URL request

I don't understand why my sensor doesn't work. Can somebody help me or give me advice to configure the rest custom sensor.

I would like to use PRTG to survey all my REST api and re-use the rest custom sensor. Thanks J

api prtg rest sensor

Created on Aug 3, 2018 10:45:15 AM

Last change on Aug 6, 2018 10:49:27 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there.

It sounds as if the endpoint doesn't like the POST operation. Are you able to perform the query/request using cURL or powershell? Or do you also get a HTTP 405 this way?

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Aug 6, 2018 10:51:08 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.