What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cloning a traffic notification trigger

Votes:

Hi I don't know whether it is the right place to ask I need to check the traffic on certain interfaces: sites have 2 routers one SDSL and the other 4G I added a notification trigger which sends an email when the traffic is under 1kb/s for the last 15 minutes I made it by hand on several routers by now I need to spread it over more than 400 devices I can't figure out how to do that with the API (I am using the excellent PRTGapi) Could you give me any clue? Thank you upfront

clone cloning notifications trigger

Created on Aug 6, 2018 8:38:35 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

I'm sorry we cannot help with the PRTGAPi-tool here. We can offer a different approach though:

1. Set according limits on all traffic sensors (this can be done with the multi-edit quickly on several sensors at once)
  2. Add all the SNMP Traffic sensors into a Library
  3. Create a State Trigger on the Library (this way all sensors in the library will use it, and new sensors should get into the library automatically). A state trigger is important here, because Threshold/Speed/Volume-Trigger are only possible on Libraries in limited ways, because they can only be used on Primary-Channels.

best regards

Created on Aug 7, 2018 10:01:19 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This is a useful answer Thank you

Created on Aug 7, 2018 9:40:54 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.