What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to create and fill Librairy based on tags ?

Votes:

Hi,

Is it possible in PRTG to have a librairy automatically filled based on node tags ?

Typically we like to use the library to group the nodes based on location information.

Best regards,

groups librairy prtg

Created on Aug 6, 2018 1:35:34 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

When creating a new node within a library, you can configure this in the settings via Filter by Tags. Note that locations cannot be used in there as a filter property, you'll need to use the tags and add the location there. Or you just use the subtree option in the node settings.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 7, 2018 6:02:50 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I'm not sure, is your answer a way to filter content of a library or is it a way to add automatically nodes to a library based on specific node tag ?

Cheers

Created on Aug 7, 2018 8:48:53 AM

Votes:

It's the latter one if you mean sensors by nodes. Nodes themselves cannot be added via tag automatically. What exactly would you like PRTG to do here?

Kind regards,

Created on Aug 7, 2018 9:12:42 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your answer Stephan. I have successfully added sensor using the tag.

PRTG seems sensor oriented and not node oriented.

I manage now to add the nice circle view in a map if it is possible.

Cheers

Created on Aug 7, 2018 3:16:06 PM

Votes:

Exactly :) Let us know if any assistance is required.

Kind regards,

Created on Aug 8, 2018 6:56:21 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.