What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Rittal CMC

Votes:

Hello,

i am new in Monitoring and also in PRTG. But i need to add a Rittal CMC into our PRTG System.

Can someone help me (step by step) to Monitor for example Tempreture via SNMP.

I have activated SNMP v3 on CMC. PRTG can login via SNMP and use Standard SNMP Sensor: Uptime

Thanks, Ralph

prtg rittal snmp

Created on Aug 7, 2018 9:35:51 AM

8 Replies

Votes:

Hello Fabianra,

This is possible by importing the manufacturer's MIB file. Please follow this link for a detailed step by step guide.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Aug 8, 2018 12:03:41 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the info, I got the MIB from the main RITTAL website.

Created on Jun 26, 2020 12:58:39 PM

Votes:

Hi Fabianra,

All right? I would like to know which sectors you have included to monitor CMC III.

What OIDs were used?

Can you help me?

Created on Jul 9, 2020 7:04:26 PM

Votes:

Hello, i have exactly the same problem : i have got to get info in PRTG with CMCIII Rittal products. There are too many OIDs, which one should i use for only getting the good information : temp. , humidity, doors close/open. ? regards.

Created on Oct 14, 2020 3:46:30 PM

Votes:

Hello Thomas,

This is something the community needs to help out. As of version 20.4.63, PRTG will include the OPC-UA protocol which also allows you to monitor the Rittal-Device- Status. We are currently in the final tests for the version and will release it in the next two weeks, so this will be worth taking a closer look.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 16, 2020 6:23:56 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there no Solution for the temp., doors close /open?

Created on Nov 23, 2020 3:28:28 PM

Votes:

Hello Jakubzik,

If I understand correctly, please refer to the following link:https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/46133-how-can-i-monitor-temperatures-humidity-and-other-environmental-values-with-prtg and let me know if it helps you with your request.

Regards,

Created on Nov 25, 2020 5:10:49 AM by  Himanshu Bhatt [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This is no solution for environmental values. The native Rittal CMC-III Sensor in PRTG offers Hardware-Status Monitoring with lookups, that's ok but not the only scope here.

In short (long way was 4 working-days):

I got it working by first using the snmp custom table sensor to walk through the OID table (1.3.6.1.4.1.2606.7.4.2.2) with the environmental values coloumns (1.3.6.1.4.1.2606.7.4.2.2.1.11) to get the complete OID per value and if needed, the enum / scope parameters if you (I did) want to use lookup-tables. Then I used the snmp custom advanced sensor to build sensors with channels, e.g. sensor = temperatures, channels = server-in,server-out, water-in,water-out, etc... After this, i added based on the lookup "oid.rittal-cmc-iii-mib.cmciiimsg.cmciiimsgstatus.ovl" my own lookups for status of LCP-valve, LCP-fans, Leakage-Sensor and then I added some more snmp custom advanced sensors for this. you can contact me if you need some files / examples.

Created on Nov 8, 2022 10:55:52 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.