What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Total error count

Votes:

Hi all,

is there an easy way to have the max sensor errors count per day?

count error prtg

Created on Aug 10, 2018 1:37:56 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear AndreaM,

errors per day cannot be easily counted, I am sorry. PRTG rather counts the downtime of each single sensor and shows it as percentage.

You could try to use the logs table with status changes to error: Logs / Status Changes / Down, then use the Filter options to limit the table to a particular date and then count the entries.

Created on Aug 13, 2018 12:13:00 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

How I can achieve this? Is there a particular sensor to scan the logs table and filter it?

Created on Aug 27, 2018 7:04:47 AM

Votes:

Dear AndreaM,

such sensor does not exist, or at least is not part of PRTG's build-in sensors. You could do this:

• Open the logs table in the web interface
  • Check the URL
  • Use / adapt the URL for further use

In order to make counting easier, you can employ the PRTG API via /api/tables.xml or /api/table.csv. An example ULR could look like

http://127.0.0.1/api/table.xml?content=messages&filter_status=620&filter_status=608&columns=datetime,parent,type,name,status,message&count=*&filter_drel=yesterday

Created on Aug 27, 2018 9:16:09 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I created an XML sensor that count all the <item> tags in the XML returned by the URL suggested, I hope it can work!

Created on Aug 27, 2018 12:43:03 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.