What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Server does not handle wmi data

Votes:

Some servers do not collect wmi data in dmz, others already collect already verified the users are with the correct permission, there is no firewall block what can it be? on which ports does wmi get after the prtg update?

wmi wmi- wmi-sensors

Created on Aug 13, 2018 2:48:59 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Daniel,

The RPC server used for WMI on the target computer is running on the port specified in PRTG, which is port 135 by default.

Please use our WMI Tester (https://www.paessler.com/tools/wmitester), run it on the PRTG Host (or host of the Remote Probe) and scan against the particular targets, usually the "OS-Query" from the "Advanced" Tab of the Tool works best.

Please let me know if you're able to query the target servers.

Please also see our extensive WMI Troubleshooting Guide:
My WMI sensors don't work what can I do

Thank you!

Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

Created on Aug 14, 2018 12:27:49 PM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 14, 2018 12:28:51 PM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.