What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG not assigning the correct Active Directory primary group

Votes:

My primary group in Active Directory is "Administrators" while also occupying several other domain groups (whether needlessly or not). PRTG is suggesting that my primary group is one of the "other" groups that is not marked as a primary group in Active Directory. I login to PRTG every day several times and this setting does not change.

How is this fixed?

active-directory ad prtg

Created on Aug 15, 2018 4:09:44 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

For an existing AD user in PRTG, the primary user group is fixed and cannot be changed as it would be possible for manually created users without AD integration. The only way would be to delete the user, login again and then check in which AD-integrated group the account will be added.

See also "Notes and Limitations" of AD Integration here.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Aug 16, 2018 1:51:03 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.