What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to append objid column to a historicdata.csv API Call?

Votes:

Greetings,

I´m interested in creating a historicdata query to the prtg API that can also have a column with the object ID into the csv.

Right now I got this which is the normal API call:

http://<prtgserver>/api/historicdata.csv?id=100015&avg=3600&sdate=2018-08-15-00-00-00&edate=2018-08-16-00-00-00&username=<user>&passhash=<hash>

the normal output file would have columns like this:

Date Time, Date Time(RAW), Value, Value(RAW), Downtime, Downtime(RAW),	 Coverage, Coverage(RAW)

The desired result would be something like this:

ID, Date Time, Date Time(RAW), Value, Value(RAW), Downtime, Downtime(RAW), Coverage, Coverage(RAW)

Where Id is the object Id of the sensor and would be repeated on each row.

Is it possible?

As always thanks for your time and help!

api-queries historic-data-calls prtg-api

Created on Aug 16, 2018 9:20:37 PM

Last change on Aug 17, 2018 8:48:42 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Anderson,

First I thought it should be possible by adjusting "historicdata.csv" located in PRTG's installation path, subfolder webroot\api but so far I've found no way no matter which parameter I've tried to add to the "columns" section.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Aug 17, 2018 11:21:36 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is it possible then, to create a table.csv call, that can include sensor information and historic data? I made one but it only brings a total value per day for uptime, downtime and coverage, would be possible to bring all day hours using the condition avg=3600 in table.csv?

Created on Aug 17, 2018 1:06:04 PM

Votes:

Hi Anderson,

I'm afraid that is not possible, only what's described in PRTG in "Setup | PRTG API | Historic Data".

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Aug 20, 2018 6:18:03 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.