What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI Free Disk Space Device Template

Votes:

I have a device with a WMI Free Disk Space Sensor that automatically detected A,C,D,E,F,G,Y,Z drives, which is correct for that server.

I created a template from that device and assigned the template to a group for auto-discovery.

When devices are auto-discovered, they report A,C,D,E,F,G,Y,Z drives, which is incorrect for those servers. Most of them only have a C drive.

How can I generalize my template to apply the WMI sensor, but not the specific drives?

auto-discovery device-template wmi-free-disk-sensor

Created on Aug 17, 2018 3:13:37 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

If possible, try creating the template based on a device that only has one C:\ drive in order to avoid that. When applied on other hosts with more drives, the sensor will create channels for the additional drives as well.

Alternatively you can adjust the template manually with a text-editor (located in PRTG's installation path in folder "devicetemplates") and delete those hard-wired channels if you take a closer look how the template is structured.

Otherwise contact us ([email protected]) and send us the template.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Aug 17, 2018 10:39:56 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That worked well. Thank you.

Created on Aug 29, 2018 9:28:17 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.