What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

VMware Host Performance (SOAP) Error

Votes:

Hello

I need to add r VMware Host Performance (SOAP) to my ESXi 6.7.it returns the below error: Probe system have .net 4.0 and Vmware credentional is set in settings. Does this sensor suppor Esxi 6.7?

Could not create the sensor VMware Host Performance (SOAP) on device 172.X.X.X (Heather03) (172.X.X.X).

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. Please check the following resources:

Requires .NET 4.0 or higher to be installed on the probe system. For this sensor type you must define credentials for VMware servers on the device you want to use the sensor on. Ensure you enter a user with sufficient access rights to obtain statistics (read-only usually works). The parent device must be a VMware ESXi server version 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, or 6.0. We recommend that you do not use this sensor type on your vCenter. Reliable hardware information can only be provided when this sensor is created on your physical host server as parent device. We recommend Windows 2012 R2 on the probe system for best performance of this sensor. Knowledge Base: I cannot add VMware sensors because of "wrong" password although it is correct. What can I do? This sensor type can have a high impact on the performance of your monitoring system. Please use it with care! We recommend that you use no more than 50 sensors of this sensor type on each probe. Knowledge Base: I cannot add VMware sensors because of "wrong" password although it is correct. What can I do? https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/66794

esxi performance soap

Created on Aug 28, 2018 4:56:24 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello Sara,

Can you open the website https://esxi/mob/ in a webbrowser on the machine running the remote probe? Please do also check if the certificate matches the requirements by following this article.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Aug 29, 2018 5:52:58 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Sara,

It is likely your root account has been locked out on the ESXi. Log with the DCUI and type the following command pam_tally2 --user root --reset

Oli

Created on Oct 1, 2018 1:50:40 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.