What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Device Template issue

Votes:

Hello

When I create a Device Template it says all of my sensors is added to Template.

but When I want to use a Template by "Run Auto Discovery with Template" none of my sensors can be deployed on my new device.for example after deploying the mentioned attach screen,only ping sensor becomes available.Is it a normal behavior?

device discovery template

Created on Aug 28, 2018 5:04:14 AM

Last change on Aug 28, 2018 12:09:41 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Sara,
thank you for your KB-Post.

Please keep in mind that even when sensors were added to the template, they can only be deployed via the auto-discovery if the device on which you're running the discovery is compatible.

To confirm whenever the sensor can actually work on the device were you're running the discovery, please try and add the very same sensor manually. What's the outcome?

Please also refer to this guide for troubleshooting the discovery:

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Aug 28, 2018 12:13:07 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.