What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Udomi report API. in PRTG

Votes:

Good afternoon,

I have a fuel cell which is monitored online by a 4g modem from Udomi. I can log in to a web environment and see the status and consumption of the fuel cell. Udomi also has a report API. But I do not understand much about this. https://www.m2mgate.de/udomi/rest/#!/fuelcell/cellsPost

How can I display this data in PRTG? Perhaps more importantly, can I do something with this?

Tim

api prtg udomi

Created on Aug 28, 2018 12:17:45 PM

11 Replies

Votes:

What's the actual output of that API call?

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 29, 2018 11:02:30 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I think this is the output.

Response Body { "imei": "***", "alias": "Brandstofcel modem 1", "timestamp": "2018-08-29 11:12:51", "battery_voltage_efoy": 14.24, "output_current_efoy": 6.58, "operation_time_efoy": 1450.7, "operating_state_efoy": "auto on", "operating_mode_efoy": "auto", "cumulative_output_energy_efoy": 119767, "cartridge_efoy": "1", "cartridge_low_efoy": 0, "methanol_consumed_efoy": 1.48, "error_efoy": "no error", "warning_efoy": "no warning" } Response Code 200 Response Headers { "date": "Wed, 29 Aug 2018 09:50:39 GMT", "server": "WildFly/9", "connection": "Keep-Alive", "x-powered-by": "Undertow/1", "content-length": "405", "keep-alive": "timeout=5, max=100", "content-type": "application/json" }

Tim

Created on Aug 29, 2018 11:55:24 AM

Votes:

The REST Custom Sensor is specifically made for that :) The Autodiscovery template should be entirely sufficient here.

Kind regards,

Created on Aug 29, 2018 12:20:24 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Good morning,

I'm trying the Rest Custom Beta sensor. I can fill in the token there. But must also fill in a Query, I do not understand this. Who knows which query to fill in?

When I enter the Curl in linux I get the correct data. Is there a sensor where you can enter a curl?

Tim

Created on Aug 31, 2018 6:58:11 AM

Votes:

Basically, PRTG puts together the query from the device address and the query configured in the sensor settings page. So, if you have the following CURL:

https://my.awesome.host/this.is.my/api/endpoint

...you'll need to configure it like this:

1. Device my.awesome.host
  2. Query /this.is.my/api/endpoint

The query in the template file is just for documentation purposes :)

Kind regards,

Created on Aug 31, 2018 7:16:08 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Stephan,

Thanks for your quick response! I am a bit closer to the solution. But I now get this error message Can not load endpoint https://m2mgate.de/udomi/rest/api/fuelcell/devices: expected status 200 OK but got 405 Method Not Allowed.

What am I doing wrong here?

Tim

Created on Aug 31, 2018 11:49:01 AM

Votes:

Not really sure ;/ Do you need to login anywhere before querying the API? If so, do you receive a token we could use?

Kind regards,

Created on Aug 31, 2018 12:57:44 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes I have a token. I entered this at Authentication Method.

Created on Aug 31, 2018 1:01:18 PM

Votes:

Hello there,

Could you please open the settings page of the sensor in PRTG and enable the option "Write sensor result to disk (Filename: "Result of Sensor [ID].txt")". The results will be written into the log file directory of the probe, where the sensor is configured:

• "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (Sensors)"

Please zip and forward the files to [email protected] for further investigation. The ID of the sensor is part of the web browser URL and is also displayed on the sensor's overview page.

Additionally, kindly provide a screenshot of the device's settings page as well as of the settings page of the sensor.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 3, 2018 11:11:55 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi there I have also 3 devices on a udomi website. Have you got a solution to integreate in prtg? Whats the udomi api path?

Created on Jan 26, 2021 7:15:18 AM

Votes:

Hi,

you create a device with this api url: www.m2mgate.de/udomi/rest/api/

Then a custom sensor Request Method post: token = "your token"

REST Query: fuelcell / "imei"

This works for me.

Created on Jan 26, 2021 11:18:47 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.