What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor HTTP XML/REST Value

Votes:

I want ot use PRTG in my work area and to sensor many things with it. One of these is what I am using "Sensor HTTP XML/REST Value" to sensor Webservice. After my confuiger this sensor and run it I get message "The 'br' start tag on line 43 position 41 does not match the end tag of 'body'. Line 63, position 5.".

http-sensor prtg xml-rest

Created on Aug 29, 2018 9:50:34 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear Afon,

the recommendation would be to use the new Rest Custom sensor. Does it work then?

If not, please check the web server output. Is it a valid XML?

Created on Aug 29, 2018 3:30:01 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 29, 2018 3:32:16 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for answer.

How can I add Rest Custom sensor? I don't find this sensor in the sensor list. Where I can download this sensor? How can I get it? I didn't find useful info about this topic. May you can describe the adding procedure of this sensor step by step?

Thanks.

Created on Sep 11, 2018 8:25:52 AM

Votes:

Dear Afon,

the Rest Custom sensor requires PRTG 17.3.33. If you have an earlier version, please update PRTG.

Created on Sep 11, 2018 4:24:12 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks very much.

Created on Sep 13, 2018 1:27:36 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.