What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cannot access site

Votes:

I have changed the IP of the server hosting PRTG. But after the switch I cannot reach the site.

When I rdp into the server that hosts PRTG I cannot find anything related to PRTG. There are no folders or services running regarding PRTG. Can anyone point me to where I should look to find the PRTG folder or what I can do?

ip prtg website

Created on Aug 29, 2018 5:34:55 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

PRTG uses two services:

• The PRTG Core Server Service
  • The PRTG Probe Service

If both services are not installed on this server, it would indicate that you are either logged in on the wrong server, or that PRTG is not installed anymore on this host. By default, PRTG is installed in the directory "c:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor".

In order to check the webserver settings, if both services are installed correctly, open the PRTG Administrator Tool. You can find the tool in the start menu of the PRTG Core Server host machine.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Aug 30, 2018 6:38:09 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.