What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

AS400 Monitor

Votes:

Hello,

i have the trial version of PRTG in order to test it and i would like to enter a AS400 system. I have create a new device with the ip address of my system and i would like to add a sensor through SNMP.

Searching on the sensors i found the "SNMP IBM System X System Health". My system is P8.

Can i use this sensor? Do i have to install any agent on my system?

Thank you in advance.

as400 monitoring sensor snmp

Created on Aug 30, 2018 9:49:58 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your interest in PRTG.

Kindly note that we currently don't have built-in sensor for AS400 servers, but this doesn't mean that you won't be able monitor your device with PRTG.

Please make sure that you configure the matching SNMP details of the monitored device within PRTG under the device's Settings tab (Credentials for SNMP) where you deploy the corresponding sensors to.
Afterwards, you should be able to monitor standard metrics with the built-in SNMP sensors (for instance the SNMP Memory sensor).

Further information for a more detailed monitoring in case PRTG does not provide you with a built-in sensor for device XY can be found here.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Aug 30, 2018 12:24:14 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.