What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG disk free sensor

Votes:

Hello,

Is it possible to have in disk free sensor the total size of a disk?

IE: C: last value: 3Gb ¦ Total size: 60GB

Thank you.

diskfree prtg sensor

Created on Aug 31, 2018 9:59:25 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,
thank you for your inquiry.

The SNMP Disk Free sensor for example has a "Total" channel that you can use to confirm the total size of the disk. This is a secondary channel and is only visible after clicking on the sensor to view the sensor overview.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Aug 31, 2018 12:16:56 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hello,

I found the "Total" channel, but it gives me the total size of all disks on the server. So if I have: C: 60GB D: 200GB E: 100GB

Total channel will give me 360GB.

How can I use the total channel to give me the total of all disk separately?

Thank you.

Created on Aug 31, 2018 12:24:15 PM

Votes:

Hello Jonathan,

In this case you need to select each disks channel for the report as it is not possible to change the way the "Total" channel works, neither in the sensor nor in the report.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Sep 3, 2018 6:40:07 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the answer. I will think on the way we work with Disk Free sensor and "Total" channel.

Best Regards, Jonathan

Created on Sep 4, 2018 9:53:58 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.