What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Prtg AD Domain Group Permission

Votes:

Hello

I want to access my AD users to login prtg via their domain account.I follow based on prtg manual:
1-Create a Domain group in AD
2-add my domain name into "Active Directory Integration from Cores and Probes"
3-Create a user group and add My Domain Group with below setting:
Administrative Rights
Yes

But Members and Primary Users shows empty.and I can't login via domain account.Please let me know How I can fix it?

ad-integration authentication prtg

Created on Sep 3, 2018 1:24:07 PM

Last change on Sep 4, 2018 5:33:57 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Sara,

Thank you very much for your contact.

According to your configuration, it appears to match our configuration guide. Just to check, did you note the limitation that a PRTG user account for an AD user is only created if this AD user successfully logs in to PRTG?

What error message do you receive when login in to PRTG with a domain user? Please make sure that the domain user account is member of the very same AD user group that you also configured within PRTG under Setup | System Administration | User Groups.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 4, 2018 5:37:22 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.