What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Domain Admin bad password error 4771

Votes:

Hello,

I have my PRTG integrated with AD and i use a domain administrator account for authentication to run the scan on my windows servers.

Now i have updated my administrator account password and updated the same in PRTG root windows credentials. All the sensors inherit the root credentials for authentication.

Now i'm able to scan the machines successfully without any issue. However even after updating the credentials, i could see bad password attempts from the PRTG server to AD.

Did i miss updating my credentials anywhere!! Please help me out.

My PRTG version is 18.3.42.1748.

Thanks in advance.

active-directory authentication prtg

Created on Sep 6, 2018 2:30:23 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Did you go through all lower instances and determine that you didn't break the inheritance of the credentials somewhere and therefor still have older credentials somewhere?

For me this sounds a lot like this...

Regards

Florian Rossmark

www.it-admins.com

Created on Sep 7, 2018 1:41:22 PM

Votes:

I have figured it out. Well i didn’t break the inheritance anywhere. Restarting the core & probe from administrative tools didn’t help me.

I have restarted the PRTG core & probe services from service manager itself.

This restart fixed my issue.

Thanks for the support.

Regards Dinesh

Created on Sep 7, 2018 8:42:31 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.