I have a new development/lab computer here, with a fresh install of Windows 10 Enterprise. It's running both the Core and Probe services. No domain.
I'm unable to get any of PRTG's built-in WMI/PerfMon sensors to work when the remote device is a Windows 10 (Enterprise) system. I see the same symptoms on two workstations here (both running Win10 Ent). If the remote system if for example Windows 7, there are no issues.
Some of the sensors hang with "Preparing sensor settings..." message showing (while it collects instance names, I 'm guessing), other will simply not collect any data, even though they are able to initiate and create the sensor's channels.
A collection of generic steps I've tried:
- Disabled AV and firewalls on all systems.
- Changed the two PRTG services "Log On As" user to a user account that exists on all systems, same password.
- Paessler WMI Tester can access the remote systems
- Various WMI explorer programs run on the server can also access the remote systems just fine
- Sensor "EXE/Script Advanced" with batch scripts that use WMIC to access the remotes system work just fine as well
I've followed a bunch of guides, including these:
I've spent countless hours troubleshooting this now, I've read and followed all the guides I could find in the PRTG KB and on Google, but unfortunately I'm getting nowhere. I do realize WMI is tricky business, and I'm fairly seasoned when it comes to WMI troubleshooting, but the issue I'm experiencing here makes me just want to pull my hair out :-/
I'd love to have some more tips on what else I can try to fix this.