What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I get windows error 0x800704cf when trying to reach Wi-Fi printer within my network.

Votes:

OS is Windows 8.1

I've tried few things to fix this problem but it constantly appear again in a day or two.

error-0x800704cf system-error-0x800704cf-windows windows-8-1-error-0x800704cf

Created on Sep 7, 2018 6:10:24 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello Arthur,

Thank you very much for your contact.

What do you want to monitor in regards to the printer precisely? Do you already have some sensors that monitor the printer? If so, which sensors do you use and where do you receive the error message in particular?

Please don't hesitate to upload pictures of your current configuration or contact us directly via email to [email protected] if you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 10, 2018 11:37:07 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Try resolve network error by reinstalling Wi-FI system's driver. Common error for drivers provided by Windows 8.1. If nothing changed, visit https://www.solutionbay.com/solutions/error-0x800704cf-the-network-location-cannot-be-reached-1/ There you will see some other solution that may wok for you: Resettng TCP/IP protocol, extended commands for CMD. Good luck :)

Created on Sep 12, 2018 8:31:38 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.