What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Why do I get a warning message when time zones differ?

Votes:

Why do I get the warning message Different Time Zones Detected? What causes this and what can I do about it?

prtg timezone warning

Created on Sep 10, 2018 11:28:22 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 5, 2023 8:02:00 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies as of PRTG 22

Time zone warning message in PRTG

When opening the PRTG web interface in a browser, you may receive the warning message Different Time Zones Detected in some cases. This message appears when the time zone settings in PRTG differ from the time zone that your browser determines. This is not an issue with PRTG, but with how your browser determines your time zone.

This difference in time zones can affect how time-related data in PRTG is displayed in live graphs or toplists, for example, and might result in incorrect time ranges.

We recommend that you change your time zone settings in PRTG to avoid issues with time-related data.

• Click the Change Setting button in the dialog to change the time zone setting under Setup | Account Settings | My Account.
  • Change Time Zone to the time zone determined by your browser.
  • Click Save to apply the new setting.

More

Created on Sep 10, 2018 11:49:39 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jun 30, 2022 11:54:38 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Votes:

On March 13, the U. S. changed from Daylight Time to Daylight Saving Time - I don't see an option for DST in the list of US time zones.

Created on Mar 15, 2021 6:33:27 PM

Votes:

Hello,

When the timezone is changing to daylight saving time, the host Windows machine should adjust the time automatically. So PRTG will use the time of the computer where it's installed, there is no need to adjust daylight saving time in PRTG; you just need to choose your timezone in PRTG account settings.

Best regards

Created on Mar 17, 2021 11:45:05 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 17, 2021 11:46:01 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.