New Question

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use.
Easy to manage.

200.000 administrators have chosen PRTG to monitor their network. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free PRTG
Download >>

What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general. You are invited to get involved by asking and answering questions!

Learn more

Top Tags

View all Tags

Why do I get a warning message when timezones differ?

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Why do I get the warning message "Different Timezones Detected". What causes this and what can I do about it?

prtg timezone warning

Created on Sep 10, 2018 11:28:22 AM by  Brandy Mauff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 10, 2018 12:59:44 PM by  Brandy Mauff [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 18.3.44 or later

Timezone Warning Message in PRTG

When opening the PRTG web interface in a browser, you may receive the warning message Different Timezones Detected in some cases. This message appears when the timezone settings in PRTG differ from the timezone that your browser determines. This is not an issue with PRTG, but with how your browser determines your timezone.

This difference in timezones can affect how time-related data in PRTG is displayed in live graphs or toplists, for example, and might result in incorrect time ranges.

We recommend that you change your timezone settings in PRTG to avoid issues with time-related data.

• Click the Change Setting button in the dialog to change the timezone setting under Setup | Account Settings | My Account.
  • Change Timezone to the timezone determined by your browser.
  • Click Save to apply the new setting.

For more information, see PRTG Manual: Account Settings—My Account.

Created on Sep 10, 2018 11:49:39 AM by  Brandy Mauff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 17, 2018 3:20:03 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Please log in or register to enter your reply.

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.