What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Issues adding Physical disks on Dell Servers

Votes:

Hi! I am having some issues getting all of the physical disks to appear in PRTG. This is happening to 2 of my servers, an R720xd, and an R620.

I perform the discovery job, but not all of the drives are appearing. on The 720XD has 2 drives in the back (0:1:12, and 0:1:13) that do not appear. The 620 has 4 disks that do not show up: 0:1:4-0:1:7.

PRTG is set to poll that info from their iDracs, each are running iDrac enterprise V7.

Everything else seems to be working properly.

All of the drives are showing up correctly in the iDrac.

Is there something different that I need to do to get PRTG to see the drives? I can't install OpenManage yet, because I am running ESX 6.7, and Dell has not yet updated OMSA for it.

dell physical-disk smtp

Created on Sep 10, 2018 10:40:20 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear hellbus,

this case requires some analysis which includes an SNMP walk. This will show if the data is not provided by the Idrac, or if there is an issue during sensor creation.

This analysis is quite difficult through the KB. Please contact us, the Paessler technical support, at [email protected].

Please include the question in that email.

Created on Sep 11, 2018 5:26:20 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 11, 2018 5:27:09 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.