What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Customize Report header colour

Votes:

Hi,

Id like to change the header colour in the report from the standard grey to my company colour to match my company logo i have inserted.

I have found the header export-header class in report.css and can easily change it here but it will get overwritten when i update PRTG i understand?

Is it possible to change the header colour permanently to survive future upgrades too?

Thanks

custom-report customize report

Created on Sep 11, 2018 11:15:01 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

Hello ftl,

Thank you very much for your contact.

Please see the following kb article:
How do I modify PRTG's report templates?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 12, 2018 6:58:11 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I have already read that article prior to posting. There is nothing in there about customizing the colours of the header in the report.

My company lgoo is blue and it looks ghastly on that grey background of the report header as you can imagine.

I know i can do it by changing the "background-color" in c:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\css\report.css for the "header class="header export-header"

This does what i want - however im guessing this file will get overwritten when an update to PRTG is applied and the report header set back to grey?

Is there a way of changing the report header colour that wont get overwritten by an update?

As i wont be able to copy and rename the report.css file to custom_report.css as im sure the software is hard coded to look for report.css when compiling the report?

Thanks

Created on Sep 13, 2018 8:43:43 AM

Votes:

Hi ftl,

Indeed, the default css files of PRTG will be overwritten with every update. You might be able to draw a line from the "report.css" file to the "styles_custom_v2.css" file as this file does not get overwritten.

But as described on the above mentioned article and here please note that customization is not officially supported therefore I am not able to provide you with a more satisfactory answer in this case.

Thank you very much for your understanding.
Sebastian

Created on Sep 13, 2018 9:41:17 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Sebastian,

Ok if i cant edit the css files to achieve this, is it possible to leave the grey header but add my company logo to the top right of the report?

https://imgur.com/a/x0VR7MW

Created on Sep 13, 2018 1:22:24 PM

Votes:

Hi ftl,

Please see this thread. Even though the article says the new image should have the exact same size, you can use a larger image which works as well.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 13, 2018 2:34:33 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

That adds the logo to the grey header bar though not the report body....

Which goes back to my initial issue of a big blue logo plonked on a grey bar which looks horrific, hence wanting to change the header bar colour from grey to blue.

I have added this into the custom style css file but it doesnt change anything

.header.export-header { background-color: #3399CC; }

Created on Sep 13, 2018 2:38:48 PM

Votes:

Hi ftl,

Sorry to say that it is not possible. The "styles_custom_v2.css" which would still be in place after an update of PRTG has no connection to the "reports.css".

The only approach I see would be contain editing the "report.css" and re-enter the changes every time you proceed an update (provided that this approach stay untouched).

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 14, 2018 9:00:07 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This is dissapointing to know.

I cant be the only one thats ever wanted to change the colour of something in the software.

Hey ho

Created on Sep 17, 2018 10:09:10 AM

Votes:

Hello ftl,

I can understand your frustration and you are not the only one intending to change the color or look of PRTG.
On the other hand please try to understand our point of view as well. Our developers are working on the software and each change is extensively tested by departments and people to assure that everything works as it should. By changing code of the software, we are not able to guarantee that PRTG behaves as we think it should anymore.
This situation would be bad for the user and would complicate error analysis and support. This is one of the reasons why we neither encourage people to customize PRTG nor support any changes made. Further information can be found here.

I am sorry that I can't offer a more satisfactory answer in this case.
Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 17, 2018 11:06:07 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.