What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Reports with Device Name & Sensor ID, Parent Device, statistics

Votes:

Hey there.

Trying to work with PRTG reports and export a list of all sensors in a group, but containing device name and sensor ID, among some stats for those devices/sensors, in the exports. (best I've done so far was get the sensor ID as part of the exported filename).

Furthermore, we're trying to get some raw data extracted, but CSVExport (from PTF) isn't doing the trick. We can get lots of data out, but not the columns of data we need to extract, and no device names can be extracted. The CSV format is fully quoted and using the tools I have available to automate the process (bcp), I need to do post-processing to remove that formatting. The XML output format seems to require a DTD or format file that can translate the xml into rows/columns. Currently, running the BULK import query, I just get a bunch of garbage from that xml.

In the end, the purpose of this data extraction is to create a report for a client showing the uptime of our devices / sensors. Ideally, we'd like to get the data into SQL server so we can formulate queries and develop those reports automatically.

Any advice?

csv csvexport export reports

Created on Sep 11, 2018 8:04:08 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Michael,

As replied within the ticket, here for others as well:

I understand that you're required to run more sophisticated reports that allow you for more configuration options, planned downtime configurations, etc. Please check out the PRTG SLA Plugin from our partner, Corp-IT. It allows you to export the data of PRTG to a MSSQL database, and report upon it accordingly. Alternatively, you could check out PRTG API - it also offers historic data export, which you can modify further via PowerShell (e.g. ConvertTo-XML, etc.). Let me know if that works for you! :)

Note: The SLA Plugin from Corp IT has been deprecated. If you would like to explore enhanced SLA reporting options, check out the PRTG SLA Reporter, a PRTG extension. A free trial is available from the Paessler website.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 13, 2018 12:27:08 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 1, 2024 5:10:44 PM by  Jacqueline Conforti [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.