What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP TRAP RECEIVER MAX SOURCES

Votes:

Grettings,

Not much too explain, is a specific question: what is the maximun number of single IPs that can be added to "source" parameter in the SNMP Trap Receiver sensor configuration?

We asume that this parameter is a text_string type variable and would like to know the max lenght if exist.

Thanks.

receiver snmp trap

Created on Sep 12, 2018 7:59:00 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Omar,

I cannot tell you directly, this needs to be reviewed by our developers. May I first ask how many sources you want to add? PRTG works much quicker if you enter the IP address of the device which sends the traps as a filter, and not use extinguished filter rules.

If you receive the traps from multiple devices, setting up multiple trap sensors with this settings will work best in PRTG.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 12, 2018 8:03:41 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Greetings Felix,

About the sources, at this moment the number is around 15-20. So maybe the sensor-by-source model will be applied.

Just a last question what do you mean with extinguished filter rules

And thanks for your time and atention

Omar.

Created on Sep 13, 2018 9:31:49 AM

Votes:

Hello Omar,

By that I mean Exclude filters in the sensor settings.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 13, 2018 10:16:13 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.