What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I let a user see the History tab?

Votes:

Hi,

I need to give a user access to view the History tab of probes and sensors but I don't want to give them access to administrator rights.

Is it possible to give them full access and view the history tab?

I created a test account and gave it full access and added the group I've made as full access to the probe but it can't see the history tab.

Thanks!

different-user-than-administrator history user-accounts

Created on Sep 14, 2018 2:45:13 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Dee,

I just tested it in my installation - I'm afraid to tell you that it's not possible to have the "History" tab displayed for non administrative users.

Thank you for your understanding!

Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

Created on Sep 14, 2018 12:26:12 PM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Can I make a Active Directoy user to an administrator then? Or is it just possible for "local" PRTG users?

Created on Oct 17, 2018 2:15:29 PM

Votes:

Hi Stiwa,

You're able to set the Active directory group to have "Administrative Rights", within its Settings. Please navigate to "Setup | System Administration | User Groups | -> Your AD Group" and click on the Group to switch to the Settings.

Here you're able to define "Administrative Rights" and also if the users of this group is a "Read/Write User" or a "Read-Only User".

I hope this helps. :)

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

Created on Oct 18, 2018 11:16:35 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.