What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How many sensors are available for PRTG XL1 License

Votes:

Hi! PRTG Team,

I already have PRTG XL1 License and it's unlimited sensors right? My program show available only 10,000 sensors. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vrve5YcnV59Q7sVqI5sPh3fo888z83A7

How many sensors are available for PRTG XL1 License?

Best Regards, Pond.

license prtg-license sensor

Created on Sep 14, 2018 7:11:59 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Every PRTG 500, 2,500, 5,000 and XL1 license can only be installed on one host. If you need to deploy more core servers, you need to either purchase an additional license, or upgrade to the Paessler PRTG Enterprise Monitor.

In order to distribute the load across multiple servers, you can consider deploying Remote Probes (to reduce the load caused by the monitoring). With a total sensor count of over 10,000 sensors, you need to consider to reduce the load of the core server by distributing as well, the PRTG Enterprise License would be the best choice here to deploy multiple core servers.

For any questions, you can reach out to [email protected] at any time.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 13, 2022 6:11:34 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi Eric,

Yes, you're right. With the XL1 License you're basically able to add an unlimited amount of sensors to your instance.

However, we do not recommend using more than 10,000 sensors in one instance, but rather set up additional PRTG core server installations (standalone) to spread the load. Please also note that depending on your configuration more than 10,000 might also work properly.

Please also find additional information regarding sensor count and suggested hardware here: https://www.paessler.com/prtg/requirements

I hope this helps. :)

Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

Created on Sep 14, 2018 9:10:59 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Andreas,

You mean I can spread it to 2 server right? Can I setup by use the same IP for each PRTG Server?

My program show available only 10,000 sensors >>> Link but actual I can add more than 10,000 sensors?

Best Regards,

Pond

Created on Sep 17, 2018 2:27:38 AM

Votes:

Hi Eric,

Yes, but actually these are two complete separate instances. This means that every administrative change, for example to notifications must be done on both instances.

You can however combine the monitoring view with our PRTG Desktop Client: https://www.paessler.com/prtg/prtg-desktop

As the installations are completely separate, you need to use different IPs for each PRTG Core Server. With XL1 License you're able to add an unlimited amount of sensors, yes.

Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

Created on Sep 17, 2018 5:49:32 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Andrea

do we require two PRTG licenses ?

Created on Apr 11, 2022 4:59:17 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Every PRTG 500, 2,500, 5,000 and XL1 license can only be installed on one host. If you need to deploy more core servers, you need to either purchase an additional license, or upgrade to the Paessler PRTG Enterprise Monitor.

In order to distribute the load across multiple servers, you can consider deploying Remote Probes (to reduce the load caused by the monitoring). With a total sensor count of over 10,000 sensors, you need to consider to reduce the load of the core server by distributing as well, the PRTG Enterprise License would be the best choice here to deploy multiple core servers.

For any questions, you can reach out to [email protected] at any time.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 13, 2022 6:11:34 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.