What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Netfow v9 - showing 75% other traffic

Votes:

hi,

I have issue with resolving an issue with data on netflow v9 sensors. I am not sure whether the issue is with PRTG configuration or something on my side.

I tested the netflow with the tester v9 and getting all 256 templates and data are arriving correctly also confirmed by wireshark around templates as well. however, within prtg I am getting about 76% of all traffic as other. I understand that I have number of channels undefined, but when I look turn the stream data log on for other traffic 98% of the other traffic is IPs 0.0.0.0 Port 0, only MAC's are correct.

the sensor it self is setup with default values and no filters.

Any advise?

netflow netflow-v9 netflowsensor

Created on Sep 14, 2018 12:11:24 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

To allow us a better overview of what is going on, please send us the following screenshots of the affected sensor (out of the PRTG AJAX Webinterface):
- the "Overview" tab,
- the "Log" tab,
- the "Settings" tab (multiple screenshots if necessary to cover all options).

Please make sure the screenshots show the entire user interface, and aren't cropped.

Best regards.

Created on Sep 16, 2018 9:03:24 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.