What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Create Device from Template

Votes:

Hi all,

at first i feel like i have to excuse for the question but to be honest i'm stuck at this Point:

I created a device template from a device and i'm able to see the template when i try to create a new device. Now to the problem... when i create the device, it's still setup with sensors it found during the automatic search process. I my case this is totally not the goal i am trying to reach. The device should be created and populated with exactly those sensors i prepared in the template. Am i missing some steps here or can it only be done this way?

Kind Regards

Jannis

device device-template sensor

Created on Sep 17, 2018 8:57:53 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Have you just selected the template you wanted for the auto-discovery? Or have you used the standard/detailed auto-discovery? Some more information about the settings, the sensors you expected and the sensors you got would help too. :)

Best regards.

Created on Sep 18, 2018 9:26:21 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.